Attorney Richard R. Ravreby
Richard R. Ravreby has represented family law clients throughout San Diego County since founding his own firm in 1978. Ravreby is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist who impresses his clients with his integrity, respect for the law, and his ability to be a strong advocate for their family law issues. Ravreby’s goal in every single case is to “always attempts to reach a fair and equitable settlement of the issues on our client’s behalf.” However, Ravreby will not hesitate to take the necessary steps to protect his client’s interests.
Whether the case is a relatively straightforward one, or a complex high profile or high asset case, Ravreby’s approach relies on diligent preparation, attention to detail, and meeting the needs and interests of his clients, with unwavering dedication and commitment.
In addition to his own practice, Ravreby volunteers as Judge Pro Tem in the San Diego County Superior Court, and has lectured on family law issues to professional and civic groups.
“A majority of our clients are referred to us by other attorneys or by our own former clients,” says Ravreby. “That tells me that our approach to family law cases is appreciated and respected by both our colleagues and the individuals we represent.”
Raverby attended Drake University and the University of Michigan. A native of South Dakota, Ravreby has lived in San Diego since 1977.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Premarital and Postnuptial Agreements
- Property Division
- Child Custody and Visitation
- “Move-Away” Custody Cases
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specializations
- California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1980
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Speaker, Family Law Matters, Continuing Legal Education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of North San Diego County, Member
- Family Law Bar Association of San Diego County, Member
- Superior Court of California, San Diego County, North County Division, Judge Pro Tem
- North County Bar Association, Arbitrator
- Bankruptcy Law Review, Board of Advisors, Member , 1989 – 1995